Conference attendance, feedback and conference presentations are excellent development and networking opportunities for staff. As part of our Performance Development & Review process staff are encouraged to identify potential conferences/seminars that could be considered a part of their Performance Development Plan.
Please be aware that a request to attend a conference must be accompanied by brief written justification or EOI response that highlights the relevance and value-add for the staff member’s specific role.
Note that attending or presenting at a conference is based on the fit for a role and the expectation that the conference attendance will provide value for the Library as well as the individual staff member.
A few of the Conferences that the Library has supported in the last few years:
- VALA Conference
- Australian Law Librarians Association Conference
- Round Table Conference on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities
- Open Repositories Conference
- EduTech Conference
- Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians (LIAL)
- Australian Evidence-based Practice Librarians’ Institute
- ASCILITE 35th International Conference on Innovation, Practice and Research in the Use of Educational Technologies in Tertiary Education
Presenting at a conference and following through with any subsequent publication is one of the ways that we can share the Macquarie University Story and engage with best practice across the profession. It is also a good way of extending your professional skills as well as promoting your work and MQ Library achievements.
For information on how to apply for attendance or presentation at a Conference please go to:
- Library conference guidelines for attendance and presentations – Team Leaders & Managers
- Library conference guidelines for attendance and presentations – All Library Staff
- Abstract and Presentation submission for a Conference – Checklist & Workflow
- Funded activity form with checklist – complete this if your Activity has any financial cost
- Attendance and Feedback at a Conference – Checklist & Workflow